Covid-19 Update. Re-Opening 12th April. Information & Guidelines
Thursday, 8th April, 2021
Following the easing of restrictions effecting non-essential retail businesses, we are delighted to be able to offer a service to our customers from 12th April.
As in previous returns following forced closures, we continue to adhere to the adaptions made to the way we operate which has required a significant change of routine and procedures in how we serve you, our customers, and undertake our duties as staff members.
As a predominantly face to face business this will present some specific challenges but fundamentally we will operate in the same manner that we all have become accustomed to.
We will operate wherever possible and in the vast majority of cases on an appointment basis. This is especially crucial as we work through the service backlog built up from the last number of months.
In order to maintain social distancing compliance it is essential we control the number of customers and staff on site at any given time. In this regard please ensure you only arrive with your vehicle for service or repair by appointment only and at the time we have arranged in advance.
In this regard it is essential that we operate on an appointment only basis.
Please read through the new procedures below, which we’ve put in place to protect staff and customers alike.
Mon – Sat 9am - 5pm Appointment Only
Sunday 11am - 4pm Appointment Only
Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm Appointment Only
We are unable to accept vehicles for service/repair drop off or collections on weekends.
We will ensure customers can retain their personal space at all times on our premises. Hand sanitising will be provided and we urge all customers to ensure they use it.
Vehicles & Parts Counter
- We will be asking that a 2-metre gap be observed at all times.
- All caravans and motorhomes will be sanitised after each individual viewing. All vehicles will remain locked and will be available to view by request, enabling us to ensure each vehicle receives the necessary sanitisation.
- A perspex screen is in place in our service reception area to ensure safe distancing. We would ask for customers to let us obtain any parts they require in favour of browsing to further ensure social distancing measures are maintained.
- The sales desks will be fully cleaned and sanitised after each appointment.
- A ‘look don't touch’ philosophy whilst inside the motorhomes and caravans will be promoted.
- Please wherever possible make an advance appointment should you wish to view a specific vehicle.
- All caravans and motorhomes will receive a full valet, which will include full sanitisation of all surfaces, lockers, doors and handles.
- We will continue to offer a handover on a personal basis if requested obviously maintaining social distancing at all times.
- Alternatively, customers will be given the option to collect without a handover and return later for a full working demonstration when restrictions are sufficiently relaxed.
- Balance payments to be made by bank transfer only.
- Where possible, we would ask that contactless or card payment is used rather than cash. Our contactless limit has now been raised to £45.
SERVICING AND WARRANTY
- If you had an existing booking that was postponed during the lockdown period we will be in contact to reschedule your booking directly. There is no need to make contact with us. We will rebook customers in the order of their original bookings.
- We ask that all customers please arrive as close to their appointment time as possible. This will help us limit the number of customers on the premises at any time.
We are expecting to be extremely busy on our return and you may find we are unable to answer telephone calls within our preferred timescales or indeed offer the level of experience you would perhaps prefer. We would ask for your patience and understanding.
Please also be assured that aggressive or abusive language or behaviour will not be tolerated at any level. We would again ask that you consider the limitations that have been imposed on us as a business and the length of time we have not been able to operate.
We look forward to returning to work and welcoming you back.
Bailey 2020 Service Window Extension
Tuesday, 5th January, 2021
In order to accommodate customers who have been unable to get their vehicle serviced this winter we have taken the decision to extend the due date of the 2020 annual service by a further three months. This means that anybody scheduled to have their caravan or motorhome serviced from October 2020 to March 2021 will now have an additional six months in total to do so provided the vehicle is serviced in this extended window then the warranty will remain valid.
The additional three month window extension applies to all vehicle services during the warranty period. This will mean owners of vehicles requiring their third or six year annual service will therefore, as a gesture of goodwill, potentially enjoy an additional six months on the term on their manufacturers warranty or bodyshell integrity warranty.
Whilst, at present, the COVID-19 restrictions in place across the four home nations may differ this service window extension will be applicable across the whole of the UK if required.
The date of the 2021 annual service will however need to be brought back in line with the anniversary of the original date of purchase. This will mean that the required interval between 2020 and 2021 annual services may well be less than twelve-months in order for the warranty to continue to be maintained.